The School follows the CBSE curriculum and from Class IX onwards students use the NCERT textbooks. A comprehensive pattern of formative and summative assessments is followed for evaluation. In addition to academics, life skills and values are also assessed.
Hands on education, student-centric learning methodology, skill-based learning, are some of the concepts that we at The Choice School have adopted to enrich academics.
Students of Classes IX-X are evaluated on the basis of CCE (Continuous Classroom Evaluation), class tests, mid-term assessments and term exams in a given academic year. In addition to this class IX, X & XII have a Pre Board Model Examination.
At the Choice School, Physical and Arts Education is given due importance and extensive training of each discipline forms an integral part of the curriculum. The main objective of this design is to communicate that sensitivity to both arts and sports is important to become a complete personality.
- For Class IX and X special/extra classes are conducted after school hours.
- Students of Classes IX-X follow the “Dual Major Activity System” where each student is required to enrol for an Arts Major and a Sports Major. They get graded for their performance in the activity of their choice.
- Students of Classes IX-X are also offered swimming Classes during the regular hours of the school.
- Innovative and interactive workshops are conducted on issues related to adolescence.
- Career Counselling also forms an integral part of their activities at this level.
- Students are encouraged to participate in a wide range of inter-house and inter-school competitions in cultural and sporting activities.
The School Student Council comprises of representatives from Classes IX-XII.The Council, elected for a term of one academic year, plans, organizes and executes cultural and sports activities at the school and at inter school level. They also play a role in maintaining general discipline at the school.